LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

channels: configuring by name

I want to create a VI that allows the user to select which channels (named in the DAQ Channel Wizard) they would like to have enabled and disabled for that particular experiment.

I am using the "Get DAQ Channel Names.vi" to get the names and display them, and then removing the names from the list that the user doesn't want to use. This list is then fed into "AI Config."

This method should work fine for one DAQ device, but I'm confused as to how it will work when there are multiple DAQ devices configured. "Get DAQ Channel Names.VI" appears to return all channel names, across all devices, but then I have to feed this channel list into a single device, as specified in the "device" parameter of "AI Config.vi."

So, doe
s "AI Config" ignore the channel names that don't belong to that specific device? (I.E. can I just feed the same list of channel names into the "AI Config" for each device?) Is there a way to just get the channel names from one device?

Is my problem clear? Can anyone think of a solution, or perhaps another way to approach the problem?

Thanks,
Zach Crittendon
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,256 Views)
as far as i know DAQ channel name would not give you the name of the DAQ device. You can use channel naming in such that you could identify the device as well. This is what i have done. e.g the channel names would look like this

sine_dev1
square_dev1
temp_dev2

A Rafiq
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,256 Views)