From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

change value of a typedef in parallels to another running action

Hello,

Well, I have a problem with my VI.

To summarize I use a Vi « IdsVg.vi » to achieve some measurements process.

This one uses an action engine as a sub-vi to store data of the front panel and to precede complementary actions. The front panel is a strict typedef…

I programmed the Vi avoiding to use sequence structures in order to be able to do other actions on the front panel in parallels. Nevertheless I’m running out of ideas for solving my problem.

The problem:

I would like to change values (time constant, Boolean of graph) of the front panel at any instant when the main vi is running. The actual problem is: when I start the program, using register event I can change values of the front panel, but when the program is running the while loop in which it gets the measurement, it isn’t possible to change parameter of the front panel…  

Is there a solution or a trick??

Thank you for help

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,060 Views)

Putting in the project file does not help much, good try though. The actual files are missing though, so nothing shows up.

I suggest you create a separate producer consumer loop in your main vi. The vi retrieving the data could pass the relevant data (producer) and the consumer loop will then process the data and update the fron tpannel. Note, only the producer consumer loop will update the front pannel.

You would not need a sequence structure to control the update. The producer consumer loop will only execute when you provide the necessary data.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,053 Views)

Well, in fact my front panel is updated with the gotten values when measuring, nevertheless when I want to reset the graph or change a measurement parameter the front panel doesn't allow me to do any change... because the programm is stuck in the an other process...

but I will make an attempt with this proposal

merci

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,035 Views)

I did try the concept of producer / consumer loop nertheless the porblem is still here ... 

I'm running out of ideas... 😞

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,016 Views)