LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

change value during while loop of subvi

I'm not really trying to go for the CLD as we speak. I'm just trying to get some experience in programming by doing some exercises and came across this one.

Once I get more experience I'll try to re-architect this one with hopefully more succes. One thing I'm still wondering is how I should make the pausable timer without a subVI. Could you show me that as a last learning experience untill I get back? ^^ Thanks for the insights so far and taking your time to reply to my awful messages and design.

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 13
(492 Views)

A pause of the timer is just another state of your state machine. You should not pause inside a blocking subVI. Keep track of the elapsed times in shift registers and simply don't increment them while paused. Much more flexible than the express VI stuff.

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 13
(483 Views)

@dabrainz wrote:

I'm not really trying to go for the CLD as we speak. I'm just trying to get some experience in programming by doing some exercises and came across this one.

Once I get more experience I'll try to re-architect this one with hopefully more succes. One thing I'm still wondering is how I should make the pausable timer without a subVI. Could you show me that as a last learning experience untill I get back? ^^ Thanks for the insights so far and taking your time to reply to my awful messages and design.

Heck, you already did Core 1 and 2.  Why not study your butt off and go for the CLD?  I think the investement is well worth it.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 13
(479 Views)