LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

change help browser

Is there a possibility to change the browser which LabView uses to show the Help content?

In my case I'm using Linux with the Linux version of LabView and chose a wrong application when I was asked to choose the browser application.

So now nothing happens if I press the help button and a window to choose the browser application doesn't appear any more.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,356 Views)

Hi,

This problem is related to the default browser LabVIEW calls when opening the help window. In Linux, the LabVIEW help is accessed by opening HTML files via a web browser.

To fix this problem please go to:

Linux LabVIEW Help Does Not Open

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,329 Views)

If you want to use a different Internet browser in LabVIEW using Linux,  just follow the steps from the following link

Change LabVIEW Help Internet Browser in Linux

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,327 Views)

The links to help files point to nowhere, and there are more similar questions but no real answers.

Just pointing this out while searching for the solution.

Any information on this would be greatly appreciated, working with OpenSUSE (KDE) and LabVIEW 2016.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(1,146 Views)

In my case, the issue is I absolutely must run the LabVIEW as root, and while it otherwise works just fine, running the browser for the help files as root is not working through LV help tools.

I can confirm the path to the default browser is recognized properly, other than that the command to run the browser fails as this is generally not recommended in Linux anyway.

There are many ways to fix this, but I found none that would REALLY fix it in LV2016 so that it would work out of the box when running as root.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(1,127 Views)