LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

change existing front panel control from Silver to Modern

Is it possible to change an existing front panel control from Silver to Modern?

I know I can change it for future controls that I create, but I can't find a way to change an existing control.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 12
(6,251 Views)

Right click on FP element-> Replace -> Browse to the modern version of the control-type...

Regards, Jens

Kudos are welcome...
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 12
(6,247 Views)

Yes, but this is an array within an array and the interior array is an array of clusters.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 12
(6,240 Views)

Make it a strict type def, edit the components in the control editor

Be warned.  Using replace with... from "Silver" Style can have some odd side effects because of size issues related to the silvery graphics components.

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 12
(6,235 Views)

I was hoping that LabVIEW would automatically go in an change everything clusters within arrays within array. sigh.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 12
(6,228 Views)

OK, that's more difficult to do manually.

Cluster..., is it a type-definition? Then change the type-definition, set it to strict type definition and apply the changes.

For the array (probably not a type-def) and also if the cluster is not a type-def, I recommend:

Right click on FP element -> Advanced -> Customize: Now in the customize window, step by step create the new element, now containing only modern controls (or even better, system (!) controls or with controls of one of the flat control suites out there).

Close customize window and replace the original element.

Similar: Design the control in befere, save it as a *ctl, then again right click on FP element -> Replace -> Select a Control...

Regards, Jens

Kudos are welcome...
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 12
(6,224 Views)

I was hoping that LabVIEW would automatically go in an change everything clusters within arrays within array. sigh.

Unfortunately nope...

Kudos are welcome...
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 12
(6,225 Views)

@jg69 wrote:

Unfortunately nope...

You COULD script that if you had a whole lot of controls you wanted to replace (Like project wide in a large project)  Better to have the "Visual Appeal" spec in the first placeSmiley Wink

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 12
(6,211 Views)

Just to throw it out there, I know this goes the opposite direction (to silver instead of from silver), but this may get you closer to your script that you want if you feel like going that direction.  Though you'd probably have to add some to get the layering to work as well.  Have fun if you want.

https://forums.ni.com/t5/Quick-Drop-Enthusiasts/Quick-Drop-Keyboard-Shortcut-Silver-Conversion-Tool/...

Message 9 of 12
(6,187 Views)

It is more of an aesthetics thing, I am going to leave it alone.

Thanks for all the good suggestions.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 12
(6,181 Views)