LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cfp-2010 connection stability

Hi,

I use cfp-2010 module to communicate the cfp-ai-100 and computer by ethernet and hub. However, I have a problem about the connection stability. When I try the sample vi as FP-AI-100.vi, I can read the data from cfp. Unfortunely, it does not work well everytime. Sometimes, it works well, then if I run the same vi again later without any modification, I would get the message about "Unable to connect to the data item on the module. The FieldPoint Server is unable to connect the the FieldPoint network module. Possible cause is that there is a broken connection or the network module is not powered on. : FP Read.vi". It looks like the communication between computer and cfp-2010 is not stable. Can anyone help me to solve this issue? Th
anks.

Fred
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,285 Views)
Sounds like it might be an ethernet problem which would require additional analysis on your network traffic. Also, make sure that all ethernet ports involved have the correct settings (such as duplex and speed). I have seen on numerous occassions that AUTO simply does not do the job and random network troubles results, only to be resolved when you manually set each device to the common duplex and speed setting (i.e. 100Mbps, full duplex). Lastly, try a different switch/hub.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,285 Views)
Hi, Dominic Wu

Thanks for your suggestion, I will try what your suggestion.

Fred
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,285 Views)