LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

case selector values are not unique

Hello all!

Actually i have state machine. The case selector values are connecting to type definition enum.
Now when i add new state to type definition enum ("Close all" for example), and i want add new case to Case Structure, name of new case don't appear automatically.
If i write it manually, i get next error: "Case: selector values are not uneque".
Any suggestions?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 12
(6,458 Views)
Are you using any range definitions in the case structure? For example, say you have an enum with five states:

state_1
state_2
state_3
state_4
state_5

and you wanted the same code to be executed for the middle 3 states, you could define one state of your case structure as "state_2..state4". In other words, any enumerated value from state_2 to state_4.

If you now created a state_3a that fell between state_3 and state_4 and tried to create a seperate case for it you would get exactly the error you gave because state_3a is between state_2 and state_4 AND it has it's own case.

You could also see this effect if you had cases defined like "..state_3" or "state_4.." and created a new enumerated value at the end of the type.

Mike...

Certified Professional Instructor
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"... after all, He's not a tame lion..."

For help with grief and grieving.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 12
(6,458 Views)
hai,

i had the same problem. i added a state behind the "xxx.." value and got the same error message. for me it worked to replace the case with a sequence and then replace the sequence with a case. after reconnecting the selector everything was fine.

i hope this helps.
cu
Message 3 of 12
(6,458 Views)
Hello

If you've connected a enum control (type definition) to the case selector and you add a new state [Open Type Def.>>add new state>>apply changes and save control (File menu)]. After that you can right click on the Case structure and select "Add Case For Every Value". It will then automatically create a case for every value in the enum control/constant.

Hope this is what you want.

Luca
Regards,
Luca
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 12
(6,458 Views)
hai,

"add case for every value" did'nt worked correct for me. it created all cases but produced the error.

cu
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 12
(6,458 Views)
I'm not sure if this is it, but have you checked that all your enum constants are correctly linked to the typedef?
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 12
(6,458 Views)
yes, all correct.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 12
(6,458 Views)

After 13 long years, your comment is still valid.  I hope you are still alive to read this.

Message 8 of 12
(4,898 Views)

I want to know if it has been solved after 14 years as I am encountering this problem in 2017.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 12
(4,636 Views)

@tomsze wrote:

[...] as I am encountering this problem in 2017.

Can you post your VI (and the type def) to show the issue?

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 12
(4,634 Views)