LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

caracterization of solar cell in real time

Hello everyone,

I am contacting you because in the context of a school project, I need to create a simulation of photovoltaic performance. I am a beginner in labview and meet a lot of difficulties!

So I want to buy a voltage and a current from the PV cell, via a DAQ Card USB6221. The idea is then to exploit these data: Get different curves of voltage and current (over time) to generate a graph I = f (V), thereby obtaining the characteristic of the PV cell, and finally to from this graph, get the key values of the cell (max delivered ...).

So I started by using the DAQ Assistant (acquisition of a voltage + current), converted the dynamic data in 2D array, then tried to use this table but I can not do it!
Firstly, I feel that the picture is not incremented, suddenly no data is usable!
I then very difficult to identify this "he goes" DAQ assistant! The same applies to the conversion of dynamic data.

I do not know if I was clear, but I need your expertise on Labview in order to advance my project.

Thanking you in advance.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,303 Views)

As someone who regularly works with solar cells and has written such programs, I suggest that you first learn the terminology for the device.  There is no statistic in photovoltaics referred to as "Max Delivered'.

Now, on to your actual question.  You claim you have to simulate the solar cell but you are measuring one by using a DAQ. Which is it?

A single I-V trace is rather simple to analyze when you have the Current/voltage values stored as arrays.  http://pveducation.org/pvcdrom/solar-cell-operation/iv-curve

Just find where V=0, and extract the current at that position (you now have JSC).  Do the same to determine Voc.  Multiply I and V to get Power.  Use Array Max Min to get the maximum power output. The position of this gives you VMax and IMax.  Use these numbers to calculate Fill Factor and Efficiency.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,300 Views)

Multiple postings of the same question:  http://forums.ni.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/259510 

LabVIEW Pro Dev & Measurement Studio Pro (VS Pro) 2019 - Unfortunately now moving back to C#, .NET, Python due to forced change to subscription model by NI. 8^{
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,278 Views)