LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

capture video using labview?

hi, i want to know how to capture video from camera and display it using labview/ IMAQ ??
also, i need some tutorial about it, please
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,694 Views)
hello--

So the first step will be to install whatever development enviroment you plan to use (in this case LabVIEW)  after that you will install the IMAQ drivers (now known as Vision Aquisition Software, available from www.ni.com by clicking on "Drivers and Updates") on the computer.  Then, you will install whatever framegrabber you are using.  If your camera is a 1394 (firewire) or GigE camera then there will be no framegrabber.  With a framegrabber you will use the standard IMAQ drivers which do not require a license since you've purchased a framgrabber.  If you will be using 1394 or GigE then you will need to get a license.  After that attach your camera and go in to Measurement and Automation Explorer (MAX)and look for the IMAQ board (w/ framgrabber) and select your camera or camera type from the list. If it is not there you may need to look on our website or the manufacturers website for a camera file.  The 1394 and GigE cameras will show up and configure themselves.  After that you are done. You should be able to snap and grab from MAX. If so, you can move right in to LabVIEW. I would suggest looking at the example code (Help>>Find Examples) for pre-built functioning code.

Once you've installed the drivers there is plenty of documentation that gets installed with them.  Furthermore, if you need any other help or advice a quick search of our website should yield lots of resources.  However, if you have any questions let us know.

Regards,

John H
Applications Engineering
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,651 Views)