LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cannot save toolkit for previous version

i have two sub vis in my program that do nothing but set up daqmx tasks. these two vis however, will not save back to 8.5 from 8.6, it tells me i cant save toolkits to previous version.

BUT, these are not toolkit vis, they are standard labview vis from the measurement, daqmx pallette.

AND, i have other subvis that set up tasks the same way , and they converted backwards just fine.

i have attached the two subvis that wont save backwards. granted, i can rewrite them in 8.5, but it is weird that these 2 wont save back and others like them will.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11
(4,760 Views)
You should not backs-ave standard VIs that are found in the vi.lib directory. These VIs should be installed with LabVIEW based on the version that you're running. You should only back-save VIs that you have written.
Message 2 of 11
(4,750 Views)

those 2 vis are ones that i have written. however, the code inside wont save back. and, like i said, i have 2 other vis just like these that configure daqmx as well, and they back save just fine.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11
(4,726 Views)

Hello EJW2003,

As a quick fix you can copy and paste your block diagram into a new VI in LabVIEW 8.6 and then I could save them back to LabVIEW 8.5.  I'll see if I can figure out what caused this behavior, but the copy/paste was a pretty quick fix.  Here are the two VI's for 8.5.

Cheers,

Brooks
Download All
Message 4 of 11
(4,709 Views)
Off-hand I'd guess the VI itself is probably corrupted.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11
(4,695 Views)

Hello EJW2003,

I agree with smercurio_fc, but I wanted to search around and make sure there weren't any known issues.  From what I've seen I think that this is an isolated incident, but if you find they you consistently have issues with saving back VI's I'd be more than happy to look into it.  If you do have further issues please provide steps to reproduce the behavior if at all possible.

Have a great day, and take care!

Cheers,

Brooks
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11
(4,674 Views)

That is because your VIs are created from some toolkit VI. For example, if you create a VI by the following steps:

1. Copy a toolkit VI (for example, DAQmx, digitial filter design toolkit, sound and vibration measurement toolkit) to your folder. 

2. Rename this VI.
3. Modify this VI and save it.

Now the new VI will not save to previous version. Your VIs are built based on DAQmx VI. 

There are some special information in a toolkit VI which prevent you from saving to previous version.

The work around is as  Brooks suggested: copy the diagram of your VI into a new created empty VI, the new VI can be saved to previous version. 

Hope this can helps. 

帖子被pine在 09-22-2008 05:05 PM
时编辑过了
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11
(4,655 Views)

actually there were 2 toolkits i had installed in trial version, although i did not use any vis from those toolkits in the creation of mine. i then uninstalled the toolkits after receiving the message the first time, even though i knew i didnt use them in it. i figured it was just some bug that was preventing me from saving back after having those toolkits installed. (state chart and report generation)

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11
(4,638 Views)

copying the block diagram from 8.6 and attempting to past into 8.5 was the first thing i tried. doing this resulted in an IMAGE, rather than actually block diagram code.

of course, as small as these vis are it would be simple enough to rewrite (as they are daq assistants converted to code, with some modifications), i figure the error i was getting was worth mentioning in case someone else runs into it with a much bigger vi!!!

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11
(4,637 Views)

I'm having the same problem and my VI is pretty big. So it's not just you.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11
(3,418 Views)