From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cannot replace current control with composite control - 3d surface graph in 64-bit LabVIEW 2009

Hi Folks - Upgrading an application from 32-bit LabVIEW 8.5 to 64-bit LabVIEW 2009.  I have some ActiveX surface graphs from the LabVIEW graph palette on the original application.  These do not load in 64-bit LabVIEW 2009, just leaving a message at the graph location that says "Control could not be loaded."  The ActiveX surface graph is still on the classic and modern graph palettes in 64-bit LabVIEW 2009, so we know it is supported.  When I try to replace the 'empty' control on the front panel with the ActiveX surface graph from either of those two palettes, I get the message "cannot replace current control with composite control."

What would be the best strategy for replacing the surface graph, which is used extensively in my application?  The only thing I can think of now is just to go through all of the code and place a new surface graph on the panel along with creating any property nodes and local variables that were made for the original. Any other possible workarounds?

Sincerely,

Don

Message 1 of 2
(2,202 Views)

It appears that, although the ActiveX surface graph appears on the palette, it is in fact NOT supported in LabVIEW 2009 64-bit. I just tried to place one on the front panel in a new VI and it also would not load.  I guess this means I will have to consider one of the alternative 3d plots.  I did some signficant customization through property nodes, so this might actually be a time consuming process.

Message 2 of 2
(2,196 Views)