From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cannot find daqmx control task.vi after upgrading computer, OS and LabVIEW

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I have recently upgraded both my computer, OS and my LabVIEW version and I am having some issues.

My old system was:

LabVIEW 8.6 Professional Development System running on Windows XP SP3 (Dell Desktop computer)

My new system is:

LabVIEW 2014 SP1 Professional Development System running on Windows 8.1 Pro (MS Surface Pro computer)

I did a clean install of the LV 2014 which went smoothly. I then copied my old projects from the old machine to the new.

The simpler projects load without problem.

Some of the bigger project begin loading but hang on "Find the VI Named "DAQmx Control Task.vi" which does not seems to exist on the new computer.

There are several other DAQmx VIs that the project loader wants and do not appear to exist on the computer also.

I'm guess this could be because of the new OS, new LabView version, or because the new PC is a "tablet", or some combination of those?

Any ideas?

adTHANKSvance,

Bob

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,525 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author bobdaq

Hi bob,

simple question: did you install any (DAQmx) drivers with your new LabVIEW version?

When there is no DAQmx driver, then there aren't any DAQmx functions…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,509 Views)

Hi GerdW,

No, I just performed the default installation.  Same as when I originally installed the LV on the old PC.

I will go back and try to add drivers to the new install.

I should mention that the old PC does not have these daqmx VIs either, but that does not seem to be a problem. 

Thanks,

Bob

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,460 Views)

Hi bob,

when the old PC could load these VIs without complaining abut missing DAQmx functions it had DAQmx installed. Point.

Start the DeviceDriver DVD and install DAQmx.

Hint: Whenever you want to replicate your LabVIEW installation on a different computer you should check the "Software" section in MAX. It will list all needed parts/toolkits/drivers you have installed!

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
Message 4 of 6
(3,453 Views)

Hi GerdW,

You solved the problem of course.  I had neglected to install the driver DVDs.

Thanks for the hint also.  I appreciate that.

Thanks again,

Bob

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,426 Views)

Miswrite

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,411 Views)