cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cannot find application builder

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I have read many old posts on this but have ben unable to find something helps.  I have Labview 8.6 and am trying to build an application from a project.  When I right click on "build specifications" in the project and choose "New", my options are "Source Distribution" or "Web Service".  I have tried putting in the software CD and re-installing the application builder, and it seems to proceed normally with the re-install, but still no "Application" under the build specifications menu.

Any suggestions on where to go next?  I appreciate ANY help you could offer here.

Thanks!!!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(3,183 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Rob-B

What version of LabVIEW do you have?  Base, Full, Pro or Dev Suite?

http://www.ni.com/labview/buy/  You can see what is included with each version.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(3,175 Views)

hmmm... Interesting.  I have the "Labview 8.6 Full Development System" .  Why does the CD come with Application builder and install it when I run the installallation if it is not included?  Seems weird. 

Thanks for the help!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(3,162 Views)
It's included so that you can simply add the license when you purchase it.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(3,153 Views)

It is also included so you can use it for a limited time in evaluation mode to see if you like it. 😄

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(3,130 Views)

When I look back at the original purchase order, the actual order was for Labview Full Development with application builder.  So I would think that the application builder should work or AT LEAST show up as a trial version that I need to activate.  It does not even show up in my list of programs that need activation.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(3,127 Views)

http://delta.ni.com/nilg-activate/jsp/customer_activate_details.jsp

Go here and see if you can activate it.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(3,123 Views)

If you orderd full with application builder, you should be able to activate it.

What does it say in the license manager?

Did you get an activation code for the application builder? (It would have asked you to enter it during installation, but you can always activate later).

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(3,119 Views)