LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cannot deploy VI on cRIO 9030 via USB

Hello everyone,

I am experiencing some problems with our cRIO 9030 device. When the device is connected to my Windows PC with the USB cable it shows up in MAX and also gets assigned a IP-Adress (172.22.11.2), but when I try to deploy a VI on it i get the following error message:

Initializing...
Calculating dependencies...
Checking items for conflicts. This operation could take a while...
Waiting for the target (NI-cRIO-9030-...) to respond
Current operation cancelled

Funny thing is, if I connect both the cRIO and my PC to the network then I can deploy the VI without problems. Unfortunately I need to work with the cRIO in an environment where a network is not always available, therefore I cannot rely on that.

Fun fact: when we got the cRio some time ago I only connected via USB and everything worked fine. Then I connected to it via the network and since then I cannot deploy my VIs over USB any more.

Things I tried till now:

-Switching of my Firewall and Antivirus completely: No effect

-Pinging the cRIO while it is connected via USB:  cRIO responds.

-Connecting directly via a LAN cable: Same problems as with a USB cable, VI cannot be deployed.

-Checking MAX: cRIO shows up under "Ethernet-Adapter usb0" with an IP adress assigned.

Can anyone help me with this issue?

Thanks in advance!

Thomas

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,653 Views)

Have you tried the steps listed in this article (and there are more linked articles at the bottom)? http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/08494BF1A5257EB486257CEE00770C27

(oh...I also remember reading a knowledgebase article about the ethernet over usb device having issues - I can't find it again now but I seem to remember the fix may have involved either changing/disabling the other network adapter or reformatting the target)

LabVIEW Champion, CLA, CLED, CTD
(blog)
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,633 Views)