From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cannot create a simulated device

Hi all,

I am using LV8.0 and MAX 4.0....

I am trying to create a new simulated DAQmx device,

When I right click  "Devices and Interfaces" and select "Create New", only Virtual and motion devices are listed.. DAQmx devices are not at all there...

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling MAX.. Still the problem persists.

What could be the problem???

Thanks in advance,
Sahana
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,914 Views)
Sahana,
Have you installed all the NI DAQ devcie drivers??
Especially the necssary DAQmx device drivers??

Check out if the appropriate/ current version of NI-DAQmx is installed on your system, at MAX>>My System>>Software>>NI-DAQmx
( DAQmx 7.4 or above should do, coz simulated devices were introduced in that version of DAQmx)

If not, install it from your Device drivers CD

Hope this helps

Regards

Dev

Message Edited by devchander on 09-11-2006 06:50 AM

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,913 Views)
Sahana,

Thanks for contacting National Instruments. 

Which device is it you are looking for?  There are certain DAQ devices that cannot be simulated, the USB-6008 is one of them.  This is expected behavior for those devices.  If you are experiencing this issue with a device that does support simulation we would gladly help you determine what the problem is.

Regards

Kenn N.
Applications Engineering
National Instruments

Kenn North
Principal Product Manager - Search, Digital Analytics
http://ni.com/search
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,884 Views)

Hi,

I have same problem. I try to create a simulated NI DAQmx in MAX, but it is impossible. In create new dialog box, I cannot find any section like Simulated NI-DAQmx Device or Modular Instrument as shown in Figure. How can I add this section in MAX? I installed the latestversion of  NI-DAQmx (9.8). Any way, when I click software section it show MAX Database Connection Error, I check the services of Window both NI Configuration Manager and NI Device Loader are running, I also check Window firewall and it also allow these NI program pass throught. I have no problem when installing LabView and NI-DAQmx  Driver. Could you please help me?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,417 Views)