LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can you display a 2-d array, without origin (0,0) being in the upper left corner

Is there any way to orient a 2-d array control, such that the 0,0 origin is not in the upper left corner?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,097 Views)

The trivial answer is to set the scroll position such that the upper left corner does not contains 0,0, but the orientation of the array is retained.  

The non-trivial answer assumes that you want e.g. 0,0 in a different corner, with the indices increasing along different directions than in the normal array controls.

For this, you can always make your own. 🙂

Could be a simple as transforming the data for display, e.g. as in this post.

Even fancier, you could make an Xcontrol where you hide the array index display and replace it with controls of your own to correctly map indices to the array scroll positions of the transformed display, etc.

How big are your arrays?

Message Edited by altenbach on 10-01-2008 06:23 AM
Message 2 of 4
(2,089 Views)

I was hoping to have 0,0 in a different corner, or even in the center. It may not even be an issue anymore, but I know I will come across this in the future.

I am hesitant to make a custom control, because I still want to use all of the Array tools like "replace subset", "index array" etc.

It is an 8x8 array, so it could be worse.

Thanks for the reply. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,060 Views)

go sox wrote:

..., or even in the center.

That would make little sense, since array indices are always positive numbers. 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,053 Views)