LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can we change the mutiple y axis scale programettically and update the siganl in labview

Hi All,

I am facing problem to change the waveform multiple y axis scale programetically with the multiple signal. 

In my application I have requirement to plot the mutiple signal with mutiple y scale and the mutilpe signal and scale should be selected by user i.e. in one plot there will be a different signal value can be selected with different y scale range.

I have made a programe where the multiple y scale , range and signal value geting update in all  the instance but the all the signal only taking the only one y scale reference.

Is this possible to update the multiple y scale range programetically and show the correspondig signal data in waveform graph?

The y scale ranges are:+-200, + -20, 0-3000 etc..

I have attached my vi , If any one know the solution please help me out here.

Thanks

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(3,642 Views)

Hi Skant,

Is this possible to update the multiple y scale range programetically and show the correspondig signal data in waveform graph?

Yes!

Each Y scale has it's properties and you can change the properties programmatically using PropertyNodes.

Each plat can be assigned to an Y scale…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(3,626 Views)

Thanks for reply....I am doing the same thing using the properties node, you can refer my vi . I am changing programeticaly the  Y scale range and Y scale plot visibality but my issue is "one we select the two differnt y range signal, its y scale and signal are visible on waveform but the signal is taking only one y scale reference and signals are not ploting as per different y scale range. 

You can refer my vi and see the attachement of wafeoform display for understanding my issue.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(3,619 Views)

@SKant wrote:

You can refer my vi and see the attachement of wafeoform display for understanding my issue.

We probbly need to see the VI instead (or a simplified version that still shows the problem).

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(3,600 Views)

Hi altenbach,

Find the attached VI .

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(3,582 Views)

Works just fine in LabVIEW 2015. Maybe there is a bug in LabVIEW 2010? I cannot test that.

Of course your code is exceedingly complicated and could be simplified significantly. Here are some ideas. Using arrays and FOR loops dramatically minimizes the possibility of mistakes because there is much less code.

Note that some of your scales are set to autoscale and some are not. Since you are setting the min and max, none should probably autoscale.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(3,569 Views)

Hi Altenbach,

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note that some of your scales are set to autoscale and some are not. Since you are setting the min and max, none should probably autoscale.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Actually in combo boxes, if you select one signal in one combo box same should not available in other combo box. 

Same problem I am getting from your modified code too. I have attached the snap shot for your reference. Also the auto scale part I have removed from the graph scale before run.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(3,555 Views)

OK, I only tested with the selection in your second picture and it looked OK. Now I see that there is something wrong with the scaling under certain selections. Not sure if it is a bug or a problem with the code (e.g. race condition, wrong order of properties, wring other properties, etc.). Need to investigate more.

Yes, if the combo boxes need to dynamically adapt, you probably should not use arrays. Your code did not show that part so it was not clear you wanted that.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(3,532 Views)