LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can the digital waverform editor make a waveform the PXIe 6536 can use?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,473 Views)
Hey mweav,

Check out the following KnowledgeBase article called How Can I Generate Digital Waveforms Saved by the Digital Waveform Editor. This KB describes how you can use the HWS file generated by the Digital Waveform Editor with your 653x device. I hope this helps. Let us know if there are further questions. Thanks, and have a great day.

Regards,
DJ L.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,470 Views)
I always get an error matching the number of channels and/or the shape of the waveform.  I want to send a specific pattern out on 3 of the data lines.
I could not open the niHWS DAQmx.png maybe because it's and attachment.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,453 Views)
Hey mweav,

When you set up your DAQmx Create Channel VI, what physical channels are you putting into the lines input? Is it something like "Dev1/port0/line0:2" (w/out the quotes)? Also, do you have more than 3 channels set up in the DWE when you save the HWS file? Are you able to find the NI-HWS VI's? (should have asked this earlier, but Are you using LabVIEW?)

I have attached the image that is in the KB to this thread. You should be able to insert something like this into one of the shipping examples that comes with the DAQmx driver, like the Write Dig Chan-Ext Clk.vi example program. I hope this helps. Let me know if you are still having issues. Thanks, and have a great day.

Regards,
DJ L.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,446 Views)

DJ L.

I finally figured out I was using 1 virtual channel not 3 channels.  Works just like I thought it should now. 

Thanks for the help.
Mark

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,430 Views)