LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can't find nilvaiu.dll

I have an old computer that runs on XP and it is link to a simulator. I recently got a computer that runs on window 7 (64 bits) and I want to substituted the older one. I have installed LabView 2010 on the window 7 one, then copy and paste all the file from the XP. When I tried to open one of the file it tells me nilvaiu.dl, nidaq32.dll , ivdaq.dll and among others are not missing.

I tried to transfer those missing dll from the XP to Window 7, but that just give me an other error.

Any help will be appreciated. Thanks in advance  

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(15,147 Views)

You're not going to be just able to copy and paste files from one PC to another.  You need to install the various drivers that the .exe requires such as DAQ drivers.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(15,128 Views)

NoobTechie,

Ravens Fan is correct. You will need to install the necessary drivers on your windows 7 computer, such as DAQmx. All of these drivers can be found on our drivers page.

http://www.ni.com/drivers/

Regards,

Danny F

Danny Funk -- Senior Group Manager -- Software R&D -- NI
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(15,116 Views)

I have installed the required drivers. Most of the files are able to load, however when I open a file from 7.1.2 version of LabView on the 2010 LabView, it tells me that the nidaq32.dll file is not found. There are solution on the NI website, stating that I should install the traditional DAQ, but that file is rather large. Is there an easier way to do this?

Thanks in advance.  

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(15,102 Views)

Update: I can't install the traditional DAQ because it is not compatible with 64 bit system. 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(15,086 Views)

NoobTechie,

I'm guessing you took a look at the following KnowledgeBase article, but here it is just incase. You will need to install Tradional DAQ because the dll's are completley seperate libraries than DAQmx.

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/F7F09E0377369C7586257150005D00F3

Here's the link for where to download the old drivers.

http://search.ni.com/nisearch/app/main/p/bot/no/ap/tech/lang/en/pg/1/ps/30/sn/catnav:du,ssnav:sup/q/...

Regards,

Danny F

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(15,082 Views)

NoobTechie,

I will let you know also that Traditional DAQ has limited support in LabVIEW 2010, so unfortunatley the best route is to upgrade the code that uses Traditional DAQ to DAQmx. There is a lot of documentation on this to help with the process. Here is a link to getting started on this process.

http://zone.ni.com/devzone/cda/tut/p/id/4342

Regards,

Danny F

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(15,075 Views)

Danny,

First, I have tried to install the traditional DAQ first (without the new DAQmx), then open one of the old program, but it require DAQmx files to open LabView. Second, I thought installed the DAQmx file first and add the traditional DAQ later would work. It turns out the daq32.dll is loading now, however there is a new error: lvdaq.ll file and Clutches off.vi are now loading.

I don't think I am understanding you clearly on your last post. When you mention installing the traditional DAQ, do you mean installing version of labview 7.4 or lower? Because I don't think having a LabView 2010 and a traditional DAQ can open an old program: it is either LabView 2010 and DAQmx or Labview 7.4 lower and traditional DAQ. Unless I am something terribly wrong.

Will appreciated any advice on how to reusing older program with new vision of LabView.

Thanks in Advance,

Regard,

Noobtechie

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(15,059 Views)

In your original post you indicated that you are using a 64 bit OS.  It is possible that no version of the traditional DAQ drivers is compatible with a 64 bit OS.

Lynn

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(15,056 Views)

Lynn,

Thanks for pointing that out. I was using 64 bit and run into the trouble of compatibility there, since then I have switch to 32 bit. I was able to install both traditional and the new DAQmx. I was only able to do that using the new 7.5 beta version of traditional DAQ. Everything load, so far, but there are many errors still need to be fixed.

Thanks for all the help.

Techie

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(15,049 Views)