cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can't find Code Interface Node in LV 2010

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

Sorry for asking that but I can't find the Code Interface Node anymore in LabVIEW 2010.

I have searched through the Connectivty Palette and there's no CIN, only DLL and System.

Is this a bug?

Thanks in Advance

Christophe

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(4,111 Views)

It is no longer there. It has been noted for the last few releases that it should not be used as it is obsolete and you should be using the Call Library Function Node.

If you have legacy code, I think the CIN should still work but I'm not positive about that.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(4,107 Views)

Completely agree with Dennis, however I would add that a Note from NI (maybe I missed it in the release notes) and perhaps removing or updating the LV help would be nice.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(4,101 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author superfunk

Darin,

The LabVIEW Upgrade Notes document explains that the CIN has been deprecated.  The LV Help for the CIN has also been updated to state "LabVIEW no longer supports this node.  Use the Call Library Function Node instead."

Chris M

Message 4 of 8
(4,085 Views)

Upgrade notes, excellent, my box only came with a letter and the release notes.  This is much more useful info.

About half of the help topics involving CINs have this little warning (I'd highlight it a bit more), must have just chosen poorly.  Pages of help on CINs, how to use them, what there methods are, and just a small sentence saying "By the way they aren't available".   What happens to legacy code with CINs?  I have basically all of the Numerical Recipes routines adapted to CINs.  The ones I really use are all updated to CLFN, but I always liked to think I could fall back on the rest.

CINs down, next stop, the Stacked Sequence Structure.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(4,070 Views)

Thanks!

I found the LV 2010 help for CINs but read it too fast.

I may have a lot of new questions about CFDLs because I never used it before!

Christophe

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(4,045 Views)

Be sure to first read the chapter in the LabVIEW Help on calling text-based languages. Also look at the example that ships with LabVIEW (search for "DLL"). Also look on the NI site, as there are numerous articles on calling DLLs from LabVIEW.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(4,025 Views)

@Darin.K wrote:

Upgrade notes, excellent, my box only came with a letter and the release notes.  This is much more useful info.

Sorry to jump in here so late, but I have a little tip about how to easily access Upgrade Notes information: You can find much of the same content in the LabVIEW Help, which allows you to avoid opening the Upgrade Notes PDF or hunting down a print copy of the document. For example, at the top-level of the help, a topic called LabVIEW x Features and Changes covers new features for the current release.  Just below that topic is one called Upgrade and Compatibility Issues, where you can find upgrade issues you might encounter, like the deprecation of the CIN.

Hope this helps you stay abreast of all the latest news about LabVIEW versions,

-Steve M

LabVIEW Documentation

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(3,910 Views)