LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can't create an array of WebBrowsers

I drop an array constant down (and I tried this with a cluster also) and I try to add a WebBrowser into it but it won't take it.  The web browser is in the .Net and ActiveX pallete - if you hover over it, its type says SHDocVw.IWebBrowser2.  I was hoping to have an array of webBrowsers because (as I've mentioned in numerous other threads) I need to talk via secure (TLSV1) link to numerous radios - each will have a different IP address, and would need their specific html (or xml in some cases) data displayed on its specific browser.  I would then process that radio's specific data.  I could probably create X (upto 32) instantiations of my EXE (that currently has one webBrowser), but that seems extremely difficult to manage.  I did see that I can have a tab control with numerous tabs (say 32) and have a web browser on each.  I currently (for one webBrowser) get its Document property, its body, then its inner text, and if that string length is > 0 then there is something there.  This isn't a very reliable method of detecting a message has arrived, so I'm open to suggestions.  Regardless, I would need a way to know which of my 16 (or maybe 32) web servers received data, and process that message accordingly.   I thought of somehow incorporating an object-oriented approach such that everytime a new radio was desired, a new object would be created to support all its properties/methods - this is somewhat uncharterd territory, however.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,058 Views)

Hi mrbean,

instead of creating a lot of instances of your program, you can create a vi template with one activex browser in it and create as many instances as you need.

Hope it helps.

Mike

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,041 Views)