From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can't create an array of WebBrowsers

I drop an array constant down (and I tried this with a cluster also) and I try to add a WebBrowser into it but it won't take it.  The web browser is in the .Net and ActiveX pallete - if you hover over it, its type says SHDocVw.IWebBrowser2.  I was hoping to have an array of webBrowsers because (as I've mentioned in numerous other threads) I need to talk via secure (TLSV1) link to numerous radios - each will have a different IP address, and would need their specific html (or xml in some cases) data displayed on its specific browser.  I would then process that radio's specific data.  I could probably create X (upto 32) instantiations of my EXE (that currently has one webBrowser), but that seems extremely difficult to manage.  I did see that I can have a tab control with numerous tabs (say 32) and have a web browser on each.  I currently (for one webBrowser) get its Document property, its body, then its inner text, and if that string length is > 0 then there is something there.  This isn't a very reliable method of detecting a message has arrived, so I'm open to suggestions.  Regardless, I would need a way to know which of my 16 (or maybe 32) web servers received data, and process that message accordingly.   I thought of somehow incorporating an object-oriented approach such that everytime a new radio was desired, a new object would be created to support all its properties/methods - this is somewhat uncharterd territory, however.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,056 Views)

Hi mrbean,

instead of creating a lot of instances of your program, you can create a vi template with one activex browser in it and create as many instances as you need.

Hope it helps.

Mike

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,039 Views)