From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can i use Triaxial DeltaTron Accelerometer Type 4524 to acquire acceleration using ni usb-6251(bnc) and sound and vibration 6.0? When i tried to acquire acceleration, i got "no supported devices found".

can i use Triaxial DeltaTron Accelerometer Type 4524 and Impact Hammer Type 8206 to acquire acceleration using ni usb-6251(bnc) and sound and vibration 6.0? When i tried to acquire acceleration, i got "no supported devices found". Both, accelerometer and hammer are "Bruel & Kjaer". I am trying to conuduct an impact hammer test to obtain FRFs of a cantilever beam. I need to measure acceleration for the FRFs. Can i acquire voltage and convert it to acceleration somehow?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,156 Views)

Hi 4445,

The USB-6251 is not a signal conditioning unit, so it won't amplify the reading of your accelerometer.  Your device will support analog input.  You could possibly acquire voltage, but the signal will be very small and be very prone to noise.  Your best bet is to condition the signal.  We do have devices that can do that.

Also, for your reference, please see the following manual for your accelerometer.  It can give you an idea of what sort of voltages to expect.  It is in the mV/g range, which is going to be difficult to use without conditioning.

http://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&q=cache:9yk8lkDwUCAJ:www.bksv.com/doc/bp2076.pdf+4524+acceleromete...

ZRa6kCXgt9ROjVHfwuZ90QUISW3S6vqGBUEILoAQglf6OJmXDNMysyNgDCRL6SzjyaaFXVzU-VP_OFjyS2jN8M9IKXoRQ5RslupV...

Regards,

Che T.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,142 Views)