From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can a german version of labVIEW be changed to english?

Hey everyone

Just wondering, at our workplace we have many copies of LabVIEW 6.0 or 7.0 or those earlier versions but they are in german. Is it possible to change this to english by downloading some small addon installer? Or is this not changeable?

Please advice 😄

Thank you!!!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,633 Views)
If I am not wrong so is the Labview license not attached to the CD used for installation, but rather the serial number. So if you get your hands on a English Labview CD and use your germen serial number you have not done anything wrong. As long as you do not use that serial number for more installations than you are licensed to. 

Besides which, my opinion is that Express VIs Carthage must be destroyed deleted
(Sorry no Labview "brag list" so far)
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,618 Views)

thanks for your help. Seems like thats an option to take but i'll need to ask the IT people

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,615 Views)

dyz,

the serial numbers of your LabVIEW licenses are attached to the exact software versions that they were purchased for. So this means, that a serial number for a German version is not valid for an English version.

For a clean solution I suggest to contact your local NI sales engineer. I'm sure, that we will be able to offer you a customer-friendly solution that aligns with NI's license agreements.

Kind regards,

Jochen Klier

National Instruments

Message 4 of 5
(2,574 Views)
thanks for your reply. I will contact the NI engineers regarding this issue 🙂
Message 5 of 5
(2,572 Views)