LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can I integrate my exe program into my LabView software?

System Exec is used to launch executables outside of LabVIEW. You'd need to run the executable first so that it creates its window, and then make the window a child window using the technique for which I provided a link.

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 16
(794 Views)

Sorry i could not understand.. can u explain me in detail?...pls

Best Reguard

Patel

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 16
(778 Views)

The "Run Program" VI that you alluded to simply uses System Exec to launch a program outside of LabVIEW. Before you can place a program's window "inside" of a LabVIEW window you have to actually run that other program first so you can get the window reference. Otherwise the Windows functions will have nothing to work on. Thus, you must actually launch the program first, wait for the window to be drawn by the operating system, and then you can get a reference to the window using the FindWindow function. That can be used to set the parent for the executable's window. The "Child Window Example" that I linked to does the second half. It assumes the external program is already running. You need to add the first half, which is to launch this other executable.

By the way, you said you don't have an instrument driver for this instrument or a programming guide. What is the instrument? Who makes it and what is its model number?

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 16
(755 Views)

my instrument is PROVA 8500 electric energy saving tester and it is made by one of taiwan company PROVA. i talked with them but said we are not providing any programming guide..i dont undestand how can they sell the product without any programming guide....if u have any idea about this instrument pls let me know...and this chid window is very hard to understand for me. i dont understand how to work on this topic. if u have any other idea to about to control instrument ..pls reply me.

Moreover , i have software CD for this instrument ,but it has just 1. .setup (.exe file) 2.Support files 3 bin 4.usermanual and 5. licence.One more thing is that this intrument is written in visual basic and old one was written in labview..and i have CD for the both the versions ..but it is useless..it is just software.

therfore my work is stuck on one problem..i dont know how to do.?....pls reply me if u have any idea about this topic...here i have attached software manual for this instrument...hope it may be help for u to understand...

sorry for very long message ... i hope i will get reply....

Best Reguards,

Patel

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 16
(753 Views)

You still haven't really explained what you are trying to accomplish.  You've been given links on how to stat the manual contorl EXE program and how to use thw WinAPI to mke it a child window into a LabVIEW program.  But, all this is going to do is make it look like the program is in your VI.  You will still have to manually control the instrument.  With the Visual Basic code, you may be able to use AutoIT to control the application and write a script to do what you want, but it is not trivial.

The other thing to try is to get a serial port sniffer and figure out the programming interface for wht you need to do.  You can try this one.  You can use the included software to control the instrument and see what data is going back and forth and try to determine for yourself the interface.  This may be fairly simple, or it may be quite the effort.

Unfortunately, this is the boat you're in since the communication protocol is proprietary.

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 16
(744 Views)

First  of all sorry to matthew for not reply for previous questions...

ok now i can explain whole problem in details..As i told in previous forum currently working with remote lab project with power factor correction.In this project i have instrument that can measure powerfactor,voltage,current etc and i want to integrate this instrument with labview but problem is that i dont have driver for this instrument in labview therefore i have integrated .exe file of my instrument with labview.

Using the webpublising tools i was trying to make remote lab but problem is that this .exe file is only opening on server side not on client side. Therefore i have a question that, is it possible to access integrated file .exe file on remote PC.

Best reguards,

Patel

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 16
(694 Views)