LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can I get nic drivers for labview rt ets

I am new to LV RT ETS so please be gentle.

I have read the forums and have tested my target and it has told me that I don't have a compatible NIC (Intel+Nvidia only by the smell of it)

I am using a Moxa V2100 series embedded PC that uses as Realtek RTL8168B/8111B Family NIC Chipset.

As a windows user, I would install drivers for this chipset either during install like a scsi or raid driver or afterwards like a standard NIC.

As a LV RT beginner, is it possible to do the same or is it a rigid software platform?

Thanks in advance

Tim L.

iTm - Senior Systems Engineer
uses: LABVIEW 2012 SP1 x86 on Windows 7 x64. cFP, cRIO, PXI-RT
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,263 Views)

There's no option to install an additional driver. You have to install a NIC with a supported chipset.

br Christian

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,258 Views)

Thanks Cristian,

Unfortunately what I am using is a Moxa V2101 - it is essentialy a ruggedized netbook computer about the size of a desktop CD-ROM drive, about half of it is heatsink and ports. It's OS is on a compact flash card and data recorded on an SD card.

About the only option would be a usb-Ethernet adapter, I don't know what my chances of finding an intel version of this are, or if LV R/T can see it.

It sounds like I am stuck with Win XPe and LV runtime.

Looks like Microsoft will pick up yet another licence fee for the OS, Not NI.

I will continue to seek a solution with an intel ethernet chipset.

It would be good if NI would support a few more NIC manufactures.

I suspect that this product may have been a convenient spinoff from their PXI embedded PC development.

Tim L.

iTm - Senior Systems Engineer
uses: LABVIEW 2012 SP1 x86 on Windows 7 x64. cFP, cRIO, PXI-RT
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,254 Views)

I think the OS ETS comes from IntervalZero so it's probably not on NI to expand the list of supported NIC's.

BTW if you have look on the manufactors web site, ETS look's like a little bit outdated against their RTX product line.

Maybe NI will swap sometime.

br Christian

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,251 Views)