LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

camera LED display inspection

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello, I need to build an automated camera inspection system for LED screens. I am using Basler Ace camera connected to LabVIEW Pc. could you give me some advice how to count LEDs? I need to count LEDs which are shining at pannel. Output from program will be only number of active LEDs which I can compare with definition for each screen type. I already made some tests with pattern patching, but each led looks different at picture from camera, so I am not able to count all of them. which type of vision function do you recommend for this task? I will inspect only one color at one time, so i dont need to check color, only find and count white areas surrounded by black background. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,404 Views)

Could you please attach a picture you acquired with camera ? picure with LEDS ON and picture with LEDS OFF

Nghtcwrlr

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,388 Views)

I am waiting for Basler camera. At this moment I am working with images from digital camera. I attached image for recognition. this image is passed thru contrast and gamma correction. as you can see, dots shape is not same for all LEDs, thats why pattern matching is not working. I need something more simple like finding areas with some size and color or something like this

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,375 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author stww

Hello Stww,

Have you seen the examples? I've used the calibration example that does something similar that it is the calibration grid points extraction. See the attached example.

Br,

Jorge Amaral

Software developer
www.mcm-electronics.com

PORTUGAL
Message 5 of 6
(3,345 Views)

thank you very much for your help 🙂 youre great

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,320 Views)