LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

calling a vi in a project from another vi

Hi,

I am not very good at labview. someone shared the attached files. I can use this project to send files via FTP . There is a file 'test.vi' ( under Labvolution.sftp) which i want to call from another vi running separately. Does anyone know how to do it? i cannot run 'test.vi' as a standalone vi(  vi throws an error saying that the specified class of .net is not available in labview, but i can run this file from the project).

Please help.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,000 Views)

Just drag the VI on to your block diagram and wire up any controls and indicators that are on the connector pane.

But if a .NET class is missing, you need to fix that.  What class is missing?

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 2 of 4
(2,958 Views)

I do not think this is going to work. I tried that already. The vi is a part of project.I gave all the references that are used in this vi, but still it wont work by just dragging and dropping it in another vi.

Also i dont know what .net class is missing.( I am not much familiar with .net) I am doing normal FTP transfer.

Additionally ,I also saw FTP send and receive example from NI, but that does not work( i created an FTP server online and try to send text file but did not work). However the labvolution work with the online server. That is why i am using labvolution.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,944 Views)

I can see that there is an assembly "Labvolution.Network.Tools.dll" under the "labvolution.network.tools.references" folder. I imagine that the source project has had this added and thus why your example runs - the project can load the assembly. In your new project you don't have a reference to this assembly. You probably need a copy the file into your project (relative to the lvproj file or sub-folder) and it will be able to find it.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,934 Views)