From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

call of a WINAPI DLL with a struct

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I want to use the WINAPI SetCommTimeouts() function (winbase.h).

One parameter is a pointer to the COMMTIMEOUTS Struct.

I have defined a TypeDef a cluster with 5 U32 numbers, to correspond to the 5 DWORD of the CommTimeouts prototype. There should be no alignment issues as all members are DWORD, i.e. U32 in Labview, 4 bytes.

I have a program consisting of a simple CreateFileA(), SetCommTimeouts(), CloseHandle, all using kernell32.dll.

I have a 64 bit computer, with 32bit labview.

However, the SetCommTimeouts returns a modified structure with results different from what I set. Did I made anything wrong with the structure?

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(1,171 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author fb35

It seems to work when I tried it. I did notice that the indicator had the radix set to hex whereas the input was decimal.

Note: It's best to try and post the full example that someone can try, so they don't have to waste time creating the setup (attached)

Using LV2018 32 bit

Highly recommended open source screen capture software (useful for bug reports).

https://getsharex.com/
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(1,129 Views)

Yes, this works. Actually I have mistaken GetCommTimeouts instead of SetCommTimeouts!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(1,109 Views)