cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

call by reference and NI-DAQMX physical channel

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I'm calling a VI by reference and one of its inputs is a NI-DAQMX physical channel. 

Normally when I call the VI  (not by ref)  the NI-DAQMX physical channel control would populate itself with a list of detected device/channels.

Yet by reference it doesn't work since I am calling it over a VI server. It shows me the channels on the local machine instead of the remote machine.

How would you approach getting the list of NI-DAQMX physical channels on a remote machine?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,560 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author G'ory88

Here is a snippet of how I find my DAQ card by looking for all DAQ devices in the system then querying the types of channels that I want. Note this must run on the remote system. Perhaps you could run this on the remote system and use TCP/IP messaging to transfer the results?

Charles

Charles Chickering
Architecture is art with rules.

...and the rules are more like guidelines
Message 2 of 3
(2,548 Views)

Hello G'ory,

As you well aware with getting all channel list in Local Machine. Now if you want to access all these details on Remote PC you have to write logic. Above example will work or give you the channel list for the directly connected Hardware not for remote. If you want to know channel list on remote use some communication technique like TCP/IP and based on request you can respond with channel list to the remote PC.

Thanks and Regards
Himanshu Goyal | LabVIEW Engineer- Power System Automation
Values that steer us ahead: Passion | Innovation | Ambition | Diligence | Teamwork
It Only gets BETTER!!!
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,534 Views)