LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

call a subvi of a subvi

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi, I'm trying to do a program inside which I open a configuration panel (firt subVI). From this panel I need to open another panel (second subVI). When the second subVI is called, its front panel is showed backward the front panel of the first subVI, and there is no way to close neither of them (no one of them wroks after I open the second subVI). Which could be the problem? Is there something I have to configure differently for the second subVI?

Thanks in advance!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,789 Views)

What do you mean by shown backwards?  Can you attach a screenshot showing the problem?  Even attach VI's that demonstrate it?

Without that, I don't know how we could ever help you.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,780 Views)

You're probably doing something weird with your dataflow with respect to the subVI. You'll need to share your code because it could be one of a million things causing the problem.

LabVIEW programming is based entirely on dataflow and parallelism. This is incredibly powerful and has lead to its success over the years (coupled with the graphical programming), but is usually one of the first things that new developers stumble over. Here's a simple resource to become more familiar with how it works. The Highlight Execution feature is a great way to watch how your application utilizes dataflow.

Cheers

--------,       Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines                                           ,--------

'---   >The shortest distance between two nodes is a straight wire>   ---'

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,779 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author biomed87

What are the display settings for the various subVIs? (VI properties...windows appearance).

Most likely SubVI #1 is modal whle SubVI #2 is not, for example.

Message 4 of 6
(2,749 Views)

Hi Biomed,

Is it possible for you to send us the code you're using?

I think the issue can be the VI properties, as well as some code inside the VIs that hangs for some reason, so, maybe looking at the code will solve the puzzle.

🙂

Have a nice day!

FBM

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,702 Views)

@biomed87 wrote:

Hi, I'm trying to do a program inside which I open a configuration panel (firt subVI). From this panel I need to open another panel (second subVI). When the second subVI is called, its front panel is showed backward the front panel of the first subVI, and there is no way to close neither of them (no one of them wroks after I open the second subVI). Which could be the problem? Is there something I have to configure differently for the second subVI?

Thanks in advance!

Altenbach has probably caught the issue already, but if 1st VI is Modal it'll be showed in front of 2nd vi, disabling you from clicking and activiating it. Either make both Modal, none of them, or use property nodes to enable and disable modalarity. (heh, i just made that word up). 🙂

/Y

G# - Award winning reference based OOP for LV, for free! - Qestit VIPM GitHub

Qestit Systems
Certified-LabVIEW-Developer
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,678 Views)