From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

calculating amount of energie

Hi

Im currently working on a showcase unit. Its a generator connected to a crank, so students and other can se and feel how much is needed to produce power.

So, the whole thing is controlled by a  NI USB-6008 unit. The signals I get inn are the voltage on the generator and how much current is flowing.

But the problem is that I cant figure out how I can program the calculating of how much energie  has been produced by the individual try.

So when someone starts to move the crank, the last energie output is deleted, and it start to calculate the new one and puts it up on the screen. 

Best regards 

Aksel Hanssen

heres a littel video of how far i have gotten now. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ABj_iDhzH5g

And i have added the my messy program. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,265 Views)

You say you need you calculate energy but your video shows a display of power (watts).  Insantaneous power is simply P=VI.  If you then wish to calculate the total energy generated during their attempt, you need to integrate the Power vs Time data (area under curve).  Scaling this data will let you report it in terms of kWh (or other units).

Could you repost the code in 2009 version?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,233 Views)

So one of my superiors thought out this sulotion, using a feed back node. 

also added the project as a 9.0 version. 

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,200 Views)

Hi loyfah,

attaching the LVPROJ file will do no good, it's only a description of all other items collected in the project. Attach VIs or ZIP the whole project...

As a simple advice you should start like that:

check.png

(You know LabVIEW2009 already has a "clean up" tool?)

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,187 Views)