LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cRIO with Mac OSX

Does anyone have any experience / information with using a mac with a cRIO? I've been digging thru the product info and app notes for compatibility info, without much success. Whenever you start asking the "Mac OSX NI hardware compatibility" question, the daqmx driver compatibility list comes up, but the cRIO is ethernet and shouldn't be coupled to that.

I did see the LV RT/FPGA modules are windows-only. If I were to develop the app on a PC, could labview on the mac then communicate with it? What about some other option like NI-VISA?

In addition to analog input, our application is controlling a linear motor / actuator, which the cRIO H-bridge module is ideal for. Our customers are insisting on Mac support.

Thanks in advance,
--Kenny A.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(4,234 Views)
Hi KennyA,

You really cannot use a Mac to do any development for a CompactRIO, not only is LabVIEW Real-Time and FPGA not compatible with a Mac but also the driver (NI-RIO) is not compatible either.

The only case in which you could use a Mac with a CompactRIO is by using the Mac as a user interface for the CompactRIO. By this I mean you could write a program to run on the Mac that would use either shared variables or TCP to communicate with the CompactRIO, the same way you would do for communicating between two computers.
Eli S.
National Instruments
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(4,204 Views)

When does NI plan to extend this support to MacOS?  

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,153 Views)