LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cRIO rj45 RS-232 port functioning properly but cant communicate through RS-485 port

I have a program deployed to my cRIO 9047, I set the com config on the cRIO to have port ASRL1::INTSR setup for communication into the program. This works fine, I can hook up my PC to the RS-232 port (what I am pretty sure is ASRL1::INSTR) and send the program deployed on the cRIO commands, i can see the commands parsed out and how they are handled and all is well. I changed the com config on the cRIO to use the RS-485 port instead (ASRL2::INSTR), made no other changes, and get nothing. My reads are timed out and my writes don't do anything. I was getting this error:

Error -1073807298 occurred at an unidentified location

Possible reason(s):

VISA: (Hex 0xBFFF003E) Could not perform operation because of I/O error.

but can't find any additional info about it anywhere. 

I will be using an NI GPIB RS485/RS422 adapter to send commands to this port, before I put error handling in for the error listed above, the program would crash on launch (if converter was already connected) or as soon as i hooked the converter up to the serial port. 

I don't understand why i am able to send the commands from my PC to the RS232 port on the controller and they are handled fine but sending them to the RS485 port is causing so many issues. The config on the PC side doesn't change at all, the only change i would think i would need to make is what port the VISA config on the cRIO side uses, which i have done. Is there more that i should be doing or am missing to get this to work?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 1
(587 Views)