From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cRIO list not found in Labview 19

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello Labviewer,

I can't find any cRIO when I click "Project" => "New" => "Target and devices" with LabVIEW 19.
I do find cRIO with labview 18 even though I don't have LV RT 18 installed.
I have the LV RT 19 installed though.

I've been having difficulties connecting with my cRIO for weeks now. I installed 3 versions of LV (15,18,19), And several driver version (18 - 19). My IT already contacted the NI support but If I could get other advices that would be really nice. My project is falling behind because i can't connect and start to work on the cRIO. Everytime we started a new installation, my IT support made sure to get things done properly by uninstalling older version. Just recently, I have installed the Labview 19, RT 19 and FGPA 19 through the "Ni package manager" because the IT is on holidays (he forgot to install the RT before leaving).

Summary :
I have the same version of Ni RIO installed, the same version of LV RT installed.
I can add the cRIO on LV 18 but I can't work since there is no RT or FPGA module installed..
I can't add the cRIO on LV 19 but I don't understand why.

I added several screen capture under to show what versions of LV and driver I have installed.

Thanks anyone for your help

edit : capture 1 to 3 are from Ni MAX showing software installed on Host (1, 2) and cRIO (3)
Logiciels means Softwares

Systèmes déportés means Embedded system (i think, not sure of the exact translation)

Capture 4 is when i add a new target through LV 18

Capture 5 is when i try to add a new target through LV 19.

I have the LV 19 "F1"

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,710 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author ClementIRT

You need CompactRIO 19.0 or higher driver to detect your cRIO in LabVIEW 2019. Although different versions of LabVIEW can be simultaneously installed on the same machine, you can only have one version of the driver installed. So you should upgrade your driver to the latest CompactRIO May 2019 version.

Message 2 of 5
(2,633 Views)

Thanks ! It is working finallyyyyy!
I didn't believe I needed to install driver again since I got some "January 2019 driver" from Ni Support.
I thought that was the last drive available..

Big thanks

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,607 Views)

LV 2019 came out in May.  So January 2019 drivers pre-date the LV release.

(Yes, it is a bit confusing.)

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,592 Views)

Yes.. And that took me some time to link all drivers and modules together..
We started the whole process with labview 2015 which was not compatible with my cRIO-9045 and the nightmare started from this ahah but now the update is fine, everything's working so far!

Thanks for your help 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,572 Views)