cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cRIO invisible by NI Distributed Manager

Solved!
Go to solution

Good morning,

I am working with LabVIEW 8.6.1 and a cRIO 9073. I supposed that I should see my cRIO in NI distributed manager list however this is not true. Can somebody help?

Thank you in advance

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(3,122 Views)
Do you see the device in MAX? Also, did you deploy any library or the Scan Engine variables before you opened up the DSM?
Adnan Zafar
Certified LabVIEW Architect
Coleman Technologies
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(3,103 Views)

Hello,

Yes, I can see the device in Max without any problem and yes I have deployed a library containing only one boolean shared variable. I have also already activated a DO channel successfully (I performed it as at test).  Do I missing something? Do I need to perform a special action? I thought that seeing my device in NI distributed manager was automatic procedure? Am I right?

Best Regards

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(3,077 Views)
Yes, they should show up in the DSM. Is it possible for you to post a screenshot of your DSM?
Adnan Zafar
Certified LabVIEW Architect
Coleman Technologies
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(3,072 Views)

Hello,

Here is the screenshot requested. Please note that none of the IP shown corresponds to the cRIO 9073. My connection to the cRIO 9073 is accomblished by crossover cable. 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(3,070 Views)

Hi,

If your cRIO is not showing up in networked items then have you checked whether it shows up in DSM on another machine? The problem has to be isolated to your system or the cRIO--my guess would be your system as the cRIO shows up fine on MAX. Have you added the cRIO to a project? Are there any modules in the cRIO?

Ipshita C.

National Instruments
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(3,037 Views)

Good morning Ipshita_C,

Thank you for your response. What do you mean “shows up in DSM on another machine”? Yes, I have added cRIO to a project and there are six modules in it.

Best Regards

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(2,982 Views)

thorfano,

Hello! Ipshita_C was asking if you were able to see the cRIO from the DSM (Distrubuted System Manager) on a second PC. Is your cRIO still not showing up in your DSM on the host PC?

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Ben Sisney
FlexRIO V&V Engineer
National Instruments
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(2,966 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author LW42

Good Morning,

Finally I solved the mystery. The problem was due to a Network adapter specifically the "Intel (R) PRO/Wireless 3945ABG Network connection". When I disable this my cRIO was shown fine on NI Mgr.

Best Regards

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(2,936 Views)