From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cRIO hybrid mode, transition to active mode

Solved!
Go to solution

Dear all,

I get an error when I try to switch my cRIO to active mode. The error comes from softmotion, I guess. I made a simple project with the minimum functions, to isolate the problem. Here are the specs:

- Windows 10

- LabVIEW 2018 SP1

- installed software

installed software.png

- minimum project

min project.png

to bitfile.png

- RT code. It comes from an NI example. I just modified the FPGA reference, and added the session and password for InitialiseSession.vi

C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2018\examples\motion\ConfigurationAPI\Reinitialize\Reinitialize.lvproj

test.png

In Scan Interface mode, I can use the motor through the Interactive Test Panel. In FPGA mode, I can't use it anymore, I get an error -77055. So, I tried to compile the FPGA bitfile and run it, before deploying the axe. In this case, the error in Interactive Test Panel is -77090 (Scan Engine in Fault Mode). In Distributed System Manager, I can see the fault -66460. I clear the fault, and try to use configuration mode, then Active mode. In this case, I get:

DSM error.png

I tried to remove errors programmatically, running test.vi (RT code). In this case, I get another error...

error.png

I spent days trying to solve this problem... Any help will be greatky appreciated !!

Julien

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,713 Views)

Hello julienAu,

Have you tried configuring another project than a motion one?

Are you able to make a simple example work (not a motion one) with your setup?

By the way, are you only using LabVIEW in order to control your motor or did you try with other software?

What is your motor reference?

Have a nice day!

Regards,

Armando

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,666 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author julienAu

Dear Armando,

thanks a lot for the reply.

The problem was the versions compatibility. NI France Support helped me on that point.

I had to format cRIO, re-install 18.0 drivers. On the computer, I removed all NI products, and re-install LabVIEW 2018 version (SP1 removed) and 2018 add-ons.

Now it works…

The stepper motors come from NI

Have a nice day,

julien

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,657 Views)

Dear members

I am using crio 9046 and  ni 9514 C series servo drive module for motion control of Kollmorgen AKD using softmotion.It was working fine in scan interface mode until i changed cRIO to FPGA interface mode. Now i am unable to change scan interface mode in active mode as i get error -77008

NI softmotion: The specified device was not detected.

Kindly look into this as softmotion engine only works when in active mode.

Softwares:

Labview 2018

Real Time 2018

Softmotion 18.0

FPGA 2018

Windows 10

cRIO 1800

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,524 Views)