From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cRIO chassis locked; can not deploy

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello all.  Somehow I have locked my cRIO 9104 chassis to where I can not get my Windows VI to run.  Attached is the error I get.  I also attached my project.  The last thing I remember doing before this happened was that I removed Network Streams from the RT vi and the Windows Vi.  After that, I kept getting this error about the chassis being locked.

So my procedure is as follows:

a.  Open Project

b.  Open and Run Windows Main.vi

--c.  At this point, I usually then have to open and run RT Main.vi in order to see data coming into Windows vi.  However, I can't even get to this step now.

It seems something may be wrong with the shared variables.  I took out the Rate Reading shared variable in Windows vi that was wired to the loop stop.  After I did that, I would see values in the three Windows vi indicators, Flue Temp, Gas Temp, Gas Pressure.  I don't know what is causing this issue now.

There has been one confusing behavior I am seeing.  When I do step a, I get a screen saying things are deploying.  After Windows vi starts running (and sitting there not showing anything), I open and run RT Main.  I get another screen stating that things are deploying.  Why do I get the double deployment screens?  I'm thinking this is where my problem lies.  Of course, it has been doing this ever since I started this project.  It has never been a problem, I just wonder why this is happening?

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,104 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Dhouston

Hi Dhouston

Just a couple of troubleshooting steps:

-Make sure that your LabVIEW Real Time version is the same in both the Host and the cRIO.

-Try to create a new (from scratch) project and connect to your cRIO. Check if this error repeats.

-Backup all your files within the cRIO (if any). You could format your cRIO and re install the software on the RT.

Also, just to let you know, I was able to deploy using your project.

Kind regards,

Message 2 of 7
(3,042 Views)

Ok, I checked the software, and they matched.

However, when I tried creating the new project and went to discover my target, I got an error message stating, "You can only have one chassis per controller.  There is already a chassis associated with this controller."

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,029 Views)

Did you change the password for your target?  If so, try removing it again.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,022 Views)

My target does not have a password. 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,018 Views)

Lsan, I am going to do the formatting of the crio.  However, you said you were able to deploy my project.  Can you tell me the steps you did to deploy it?  I still feel I am doing something wrong when I deploy my projects, which may have led to the issue I am having now. 

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,000 Views)

Ok, I formatted the cRIO and redeployed everything.  It is functional again.  I wish I knew why this happened, but at least it is working again.  Thanks all.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,978 Views)