LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cRIO NI 9227 does not read data - error -50400

Hello

I used the Example of N cRIO NI 9227, and changed everything to adpt with my hardware.

but I could not read data.

Attached is my project folder.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,647 Views)

Hey Ihab,

When your error message is thrown, does it tell you what in your code is giving that error? There are a lot of other forum posts on that error- it usually seems to pop up when you haven't configured FIFO's properly in your code. I would take a look at some of those and see if the steps suggested resolve your issue. See below for one such topic.

http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/Error-50400-occurred-at-Invoke-Method-FIFO-Read-in-Host-vi/td-p/8814...

Eden K
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,610 Views)

Hello Eden,

Thanks for your reply.

I noticed the following:

I coppied the NI Example and it contains MOD1 in Block Diagram.

In my Hardware configuration Mod 1 is NI 9234 and not NI 9227

Therefore I changed the arrangement on the chassis and I put NI 9227 in Mod 1 position.

But the Project did not recognize it a, and it showed the old arrangement Ni 9234  as MOD1 and NI 9227 as Mod2.

Then

I put every thing back

NI 9227 in 2nd position physiaclly on cRI 9075

but I tried to change the data rate on the block diagram and modify every thing to become for MOd2  Ni 9227

every thing was changed to Mod2vexcept the data rate ?

I could not change it

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,602 Views)

Hey Ihab,

Just to be sure, you're still seeing that error, and you're just giving the background here correct? The project won't recognize changes to the positions of the modules. When you add a cRIO target to a project, it can discover the locations of modules, but I don't believe that it responds to changes afterwards- it expects things to be in the places they were when it was set up. Are you saying that after changing everything around and trying to change everything to work, you were getting that error? Just trying to understand how everything fits together. Also, does it tell you what VI is throwing error 50400?

Eden K
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,551 Views)