LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cRIO LabView RT Web Page Displays Blank Panel No Errors

I have a mature (i.e. been out there over 5 years) LabVIEW RT application running on a cRIO that uses a web front panel for diagnostics. It was first deployed on LV2014 RT + FPGA.

Recently we created a similar product from this project and updated it to LV2018 (yes, the Navy is always way behind it...) and it all works great, including the web page, using the computer with the LV2018 development environment. I always use Internet Explorer, not Edge, FireFox or Chrome.

For production machines using LV2014 all I had to do was install the LV2014 Runtime engine and the cRIO device drivers compatible with LV2014.

Fast-forward to the new version, I installed LVRT 2018 32-bit (the development environment is 32 bit) and cRIO device drivers version 2019 which NI webpages say are compatible. 

Before I installed LV2018 RT I confirmed that if I went to the webpage (http://192.168.101.100:8000/EPSMain.html) the page title appears, the empty frame of the box for the front panel appears but the browser throws the "extension not found" error. 

After installing LV2018 runtime and rebooting the extension not found error is gone but the box for the front panel is empty. 

What takes the cake is if I use an old Windows 7 laptop with LV2014 f2 runtime engine and an ancient 2014 cRIO device driver that was released before my cRIO 9057 chassis was available it works. 

I have confirmed that the web page is specifying a LVRT 2018min. How can I troubleshoot this and figure out what's going on?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(1,015 Views)

Have you installed SilverLight ? 
I'm not 100% on it, but as far as I remember you also need silverlight. 

You might also need to tell what cRIO controller that you are using. 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(991 Views)

Thanks for your reply. It's in the post, cRIO 9057. Good suggestion regarding Silverlight, it is there and it is the same version as the one on the development machine that works.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(981 Views)