LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cRIO IMAQ: Writing time images to string then to JSON

TCP Write.vi has an output bytes written. Is it writing the correct number of bytes? You could also do a wireshark capture to make sure everything is being written correctly. If it is, then the problem is your python code is not reading the correct amount of data.

-Jordan

0 Kudos
Message 21 of 27
(825 Views)

Snippet of TCP.png

So I added a base encoder and now I'm able to send about 6/10 of the images (within the JSON) to the Python server

0 Kudos
Message 22 of 27
(824 Views)

@elcalverado wrote:

TCP Write.vi has an output bytes written. Is it writing the correct number of bytes? 

Just checked and my bytes written output in LabVIEW is the same value as my data_len in Python

@elcalverado wrote:

You could also do a wireshark capture to make sure everything is being written correctly. If it is, then the problem is your python code is not reading the correct amount of data.

What's a wireshark capture?

0 Kudos
Message 23 of 27
(823 Views)

Wireshark is an opensource tool that lets you monitor Ethernet traffic. You can install it for free from here. Basically you start a capture that will let you see all the TCP packets being sent over your network. So what did you change with the base encoder?

-Jordan

0 Kudos
Message 24 of 27
(810 Views)

@elcalverado wrote:

Wireshark is an opensource tool that lets you monitor Ethernet traffic. You can install it for free from here. Basically you start a capture that will let you see all the TCP packets being sent over your network. So what did you change with the base encoder?

-Jordan

I thought the issue might be unpacking the serialized binary, but it doesn't appear to be the case

0 Kudos
Message 25 of 27
(806 Views)

So I've tried running the program with Wireshark several times now. Every time I hit capture Wireshark crashes and now I am beginning to get an error in LabVIEW:

EthernetEthernet

Follow TCP StreamFollow TCP Stream

LabVIEW ErrorLabVIEW Error

0 Kudos
Message 26 of 27
(796 Views)

I got it working! I had to add a delay in between the last write and close of the TCP connectionTime delay.png

Message 27 of 27
(791 Views)