From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cRIO Host to Target DMA FIFO transfers not supported (err -63001)

I am trying to do a DMA transfer from the cRIO RT controller to the cRIO FPGA.  Both the FPGA code compiles and runs, and the RT code compiles and runs.  However, when I get an RT error

(error -63001) NI-RIO FPGA Communications

Framework: (Hex 0xFFFF09E7) DMA from host to FPGA is not supported for this platform.

I have version 2.2.0 of the NI-RIO driver which was told by NI should support this direction of transfers.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(4,645 Views)

Hi gregl,

Which version of CompactRIO controller are you currently using?  The cRIO-9012 Controller supports DMA transfers from Host to FPGA and FPGA to host while the cRIO-900x series controllers only support FPGA to host DMA transfers.

Regards,

Steve

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(4,638 Views)
Steve,
Thanks for the reply.  I do have the cRIO-9004 controller.  We have a cRIO-9012 on order but I don't know when it will be in.  I will try it on that when it gets in.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(4,608 Views)
That is the exact problem I am having too. I also have the cRIO 9004. Is there another approach to passing data from the host to the FPGA?
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,044 Views)
Yes: use front panel controls.  For passing an array of values, use one control for the value and a second boolean control to indicate whether the FPGA is ready to read the next value.  There's more information about this here: Using Clusters and Arrays in LabVIEW FPGA.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,032 Views)

Hello , i am buying a cRIO 9073 , i will have same error??

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,568 Views)

Hi,

The cRIO 9073 supports Host-to-FPGA DMA transfers. cRIO-9004 and cRIO-9002 are the controllers that don't support Host-to-FPGA FIFO communication.

Sev K.
Senior Systems R&D Engineer | Wireless | CLA
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,559 Views)