cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cRIO, FPGA, portability to different I/O module configuration

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello people!

For my student research projekt, I need support.

I have to implement the NI-Tutorial:"CompactRIO Control Design and Simulation Tutorial" on another hardware.

my cRIO 9004 is no problem and the chassis NI9104 is the same.

Problems occure with the config of the I/O-Modules:

Tutorial-config: Slot5=NI9505, Slot8=NI9221

MyDevice-config: Slot1=NIcRIO-9215, Slot2=NI9263, Slot3=NI9217, Slot4=NI9474, Slot5=NIcRIO-9423

I think there should be an intelligent way to port this programm to another config and change the I/O-binding to another module without neckshoot the programm. just dont know how, because I am a LabView newbie.

your ff

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,029 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author ffelix

Hi ffelix,

So the tutorial works with a 9505 Motion Module (H-Bridge for Servos) and a 9221 AI Module.

In your configuration you have some AI, an AO, an RTD, an DI and a DO Module, but no Motion Module to control a Servo.

So if you plan to do a similar setup you will need to use the AO Module or a DO Module (PWM) with an external driver-circuit to control a motor. And instead of using the NI Motion software, which I think is used in the tutorial, you will need to programm the motor control part by yourself from scratch on.

Christian

Message 2 of 6
(3,017 Views)

hi christian

thx for your quick answer.

Yes you right, I need to do the PWM in a VI.

My mainproblem now is to get I/Os changed without killing the program.

Do you know, if there a list in LabView, that shows me all VI/places, where the I/Os, are used. Best would be a programwide exchange of special I/Os?

I also want to replace some I/Os by variables.

Funny thing is, that my motor (leybold-study-thing) has one AI and one AO, that I will use.

your ff

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,996 Views)

Hi ffelix,

-Yes you right, I need to do the PWM in a VI.

There are lots of examples on how to create a PWM via FPGA using DIO or DO Modules. You can also look at ni.com/ipnet

-My mainproblem now is to get I/Os changed without killing the program.

-Do you know, if there a list in LabView, that shows me all VI/places, where the I/Os, are used. Best would be a programwide exchange of special I/Os?

-I also want to replace some I/Os by variables.

No, there is no tool like that in LabVIEW. You could use VI Scripting to develop one, though it will take you more time then replacing them

manually or create a completely new project.

I think you can just use the control part form that tutorial and build your own FPGA vi.

Christian

Message Edited by Christian_M on 11-26-2009 11:49 AM
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,984 Views)

Hi Christian

Thx allot for your support.

Now I will do my own applikation with PWM, and perhaps integrated PID, got not so much time left. The Tutorial my Prof gave me is absolute senseless with my hardware, only perhaps to take parts as a sample.

Where in Oesterreich you stay? Me is from Deutschland, im Rheinknie...

your ff

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,912 Views)

Hi Felix,

There are lots of examples for PID as well as PWM with FPGA under ni.com or ni.com/ipnet.

I live in Munich, but I'm Austrian Smiley Happy

Christian

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,826 Views)