From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cRIO Consumer Producer FPGA RT 100 kHz

David,

Thank you for the response.  These are good answers.  I have been able to run the FPGA with a consistent clock tick of 400 (10 us) by taking out two of the A to D input channels I was using.  For my application I do not need all four.

I may get around to trying your suggestion for changing over to the raw format.  I suspect that might help me with speed.

Aaron

0 Kudos
Message 21 of 24
(837 Views)
Glad to hear this worked.
0 Kudos
Message 22 of 24
(817 Views)

Hi

Did you manage to get this to work properly for your application.

I need to read 5 channels from 2 9215 modules running at least 50mhz perferably higher

I am struggling to get the data out of the fifo buffer in time and store it to binary file in the rt (9024)

Thanks

Mark

0 Kudos
Message 23 of 24
(572 Views)

Hello Mark,

It looks like this thread has been dead for a number of months now, and looking through it, I believe your answer is yes, he did get this working. As far as your 50MHz clock rate, this is not remotely possible with your setup. Did you mean 50KHz? If so, I would try a producer consumer loop on the RT side to read all available elements out of your FIFO, then write them to binary in the consumer loop. If you need further help with your application, you might have better luck starting a new thread. I imagine no-one previously involved in this thread still monitors it's activity.

Cheers!

TJ G
0 Kudos
Message 24 of 24
(562 Views)