LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cRIO 9076 internal block diagram?

Hi guys--

I'm trying to work up a document on our cRIO 9076 for the lab, and I'd like to include a schematic/block diagram of its overall internal structure...something like what PC motherboard makers give (example below).  The internals of the RT controller are pretty easy to guess at, but I'm a little fuzzy on the connections between that and the FPGA, and between the FPGA and the chassis modules.  Any pointers on where I should be looking (not in the manual, by the way)?

Thanks a bunch.

Motherboard-Gigabyte-GA-870a-UD3-Diagram-2.jpg

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,311 Views)

Hello bcro,

I haven't seen any internal block diagrams for the cRIO similiar to the one that you've posted.  The closest I could find is the first figure seen in this article.  There are block diagrams for our R-series cards however.  You can find them in the manual here starting at page 2-1.  They won't be exactly the same but leads to and from the FPGA will be similiar.

David A

Message 2 of 3
(3,279 Views)

David--

Thanks a bunch for your reply.  That manual got me pointed in the right direction.  I also found this little wiki stub:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CompactRIO

which specifies the controller-fpga connection as PCI, meaning much of the details are probably obvious with a better understanding of PCI busses.  In any case, I've managed to start a diagram of my own that will suit my needs just fine.

Thanks again, and have a great day.

cRIO 9076 (Whitebox).png

Message 3 of 3
(3,256 Views)