LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cRIO 9074, connect to computer directly

Okay I have the following problem...

In the "Measurment & Automation Explorer", MAX, my compact RIO 9074 does not show up when I connect to it directly by a crossover ethernet cable. 

I have the NI-RIO 4.0 software installed. I also tried to connect to it by router and normal ethernet cable. Then the compact RIO shows up in MAX.

Anyone has any clue what is going on??? Because I'm really getting desperet here...

-edit- oh and I have turned off my firewall and virus detection.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,267 Views)

Is your computer setup for DHCP?  If it is, you will have to change that and assign a static ip address in the appropriate network to be able to talk with the cRIO. 

Matt

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,258 Views)

Yes my computer was set up for DHCP.

But I already found the problem... the firewall I shut down was only for the "work" domain... not the "privat" domain... Pffffffff

Now it all works 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,256 Views)

Okay... so I had this all up and running very smooth... till 2 hours ago.

I tried to change the IP settings of the cRIO with LabVIEW, used the RT Apply Network Settings DCHP VI. Now the cRIO is reconnecting the whole time to my computer... I tried to reset the cRIO, turn the power off, but cRIO keeps reconnecting, and I can't do anything to it, because immeaditely after it connects it deconnects again.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,247 Views)

Dear Wouter,

did you alreay tried to start the controller in safe mode? Can you try to reset the IP address?

Best regards,

Martijn S
Applications Engineer
NI Netherlands
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,242 Views)

I tried to reset the IP address using the reset button on the cRIO but that didn't work. But I don't think I tried to start the controller in safe mode. Can you explain how I do that? Because there are no other switches for me to press on the cRIO 9074, accept then the reset button, or do I need to open the housing?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,237 Views)

Hi Wouter,

a reset will not put the IP settings back to the default (factory) state. We can try to reset the cRIO by putting the reset dip switch (most left side of the chassis, just below the status LEDs, third switch) into the on position. Then reset the chassis and put the dip switch back into the off position (else you will reset very time you start up the chassis).

Now we can see if we can detect the chassis again within MAX. If this doesn't work please use safe mode; please put the first dip switch into the on position and reset the chassis.

Best regards,

Martijn S
Applications Engineer
NI Netherlands
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,235 Views)