LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cRIO-9073 Software Error

I have a cRIO-9073 connected to a host PC thru a 4-port hub.

Everything connects fine and is recognized in NI Max. I try to install software.

I’m running Labview 13.0.1 so I install RT 13.0.1

If I install only the NI-Scan engine software, then I get no errors. I can see everything in NI Max, DSM, and create a target in my project, and recognize all modules.

However if i install more than just the scan engine, then in NI Max i get system state: "Safe mode (Software error)"

And I then cannot see it in DSM or in a project.

Not sure what to try next because i need more than just the scan engine.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11
(3,405 Views)

What happens when you install the software without the scan engine?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 11
(3,366 Views)

Hi Teslaaaa, 

After doing a little bit of research, I found these couple websites that might be helpful for you:

cRIO-9073 Connection (Software Error)
http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/NI-cRIO-9073-connection-software-error/td-p/1760940

Also, you posted this on the LabVIEW boards which is more focused on coding in LabVIEW. I think if you posted your question on the cRIO board, you would get a better response. Here is the cRIO Forum link.
http://forums.ni.com/t5/Real-Time-Measurement-and/bd-p/280

Douglas Choisnet
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11
(3,364 Views)

I have never installed without the scan engine.

I finally found a software combination that did not cause a software error.

I installed the Scan engine and all of the Protocols and Buses. I did not add the other categories: Labview RT add-ons, Network I/O or Web features.

I would like to determine what software is causing the error but i dont have the time right now to keep installing different combinations until I find out which one is causing the error.

I am new to using the Crio embedded systems and was tryign to follow thru the online training courses and examples, which instruct you to install ALL of the software packages, unfortunatly this is not working for me 😞

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11
(3,362 Views)

I found the first link before but it did not help. i could not even find or connect with my target in labview project.

And thanks for the second link, i will post there in the future.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11
(3,357 Views)

NI always recommends to install all software. I think it's a bad idea, especially on real time targets.

The less is installed, the less problems.

Do you have an older LabVIEW RT versions installed? It might very well be that the new install did not update everything, and that some older versions are not compatible.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11
(3,351 Views)

wiebe@CARYA wrote:

NI always recommends to install all software. I think it's a bad idea, especially on real time targets.

Do you have an older LabVIEW RT versions installed? It might very well be that the new install did not update everything, and that some older versions are not compatible.

I only just recieved the real-time add-on, so its the latest version.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11
(3,349 Views)

I reinstalled the software and once agian if i installed everythign i recieved the same error.

I then reinstalled with everything except the Web features.

And everything is working.

So I uninstalled everything and installed just the Web features.

However i recieved no errors.

So some combination of the Web features and the other software causes the error.

I currently dont have enough time to troubleshoot this further.

Would be nice if NI could address this issue.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11
(3,341 Views)

wiebe@CARYA wrote:

Well I think I discovered the issue, although I’m not very happy. When all software is installed there’s no memory left, thus the "software error". When I install everything but the web features there’s slightly over 3mb of memory remaining. However when I tried to run a simple network streaming project it would not deploy. error LabVIEW:  Memory is full.

So I installed just the barebones:

1 Scan Engine

2 Network Variable Engine

3 Network Streams

Then there’s 11 MB remaining. Not a lot of overhead

Now the project will deploy and run. But I’m concerned that if I need additional software, or if the project demands more memory that I will be SOL.

If Wiebe is correct and NI always recommends installing all software, I don’t understand why they would not make it clear for those interested in purchasing a 64MB chassis that software limitations will arise. Arg

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11
(3,333 Views)

I'm not sure if it's their official statement to install everything. But when a NI engineer installs a system, they usually install everything they can. Not just on RT, but also on windows.

Doesn't the RT software install dialog say it recommends to install almost everything by default?

Since it doesn't work properly, the least they could do is create a decent error message.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11
(3,321 Views)