LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cRIO 9067 and Bernecker-Rainer EtherCAT slave

Hi, I'm trying to configure cRIO NI 9067 + EtherCAT slave from B&R: X20BC00G3 + I/O modules.

I've set the second port of cRIO to EtherCAT. I've imported B&R EtherCAT slave ESI/XML file. I made an automatic slave detection. However I can see only slave module, no any I/O module behind slave (see screenshot). What I did wrong ?

Labview 2014 (f1 updates), drivers: August 2014 f1

XML file enclosed.

EtherCAT slave manual:

Manual X20BC00G3

Screen.png

*** LV2018 ***
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(4,047 Views)

bump

No one ?   😞

*** LV2018 ***
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(4,007 Views)

Hi Petr and welcome to NI Forums!

Third party EtherCAT slaves might be tricky to implement, as dthey are not always providing the same functions for auto-detection. Please make sure that you have followed the import procedure properly (restart LabVIEW, for instance). You can also check if the slave device is in the correct state on the front LED indicators. Finally, you can refresh device discovery programmatically using the first VI on this page, allowing to rediscover exposed I/O.

Let me know if this helps.

Kind regards:

Andrew Valko
National Instruments Hungary
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,932 Views)

hi ValkoA,

I've successfully run hardware. I can see Ethercat master and Slave in project tree. I set slave to Operational state and I can read Slaves parameters (Vendor info, Sync setting, PDO mapping etc. ). So its evident that parameters correspond to slaves modules/IOs. Communication is running (slaves LED is flickering i.e. ethercat runs).

I need to access slaves IOs now. I have a problem to programmtically enumerate Master, Slave and Slaves modules. I've tried several examples and nothing works.

Examples:

VIs from thies one:   http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/FDC87938F1191A3C862578FF00757270

examples from \LabVIEW 2014\examples\indcomecat folder - ReadSDO, Startup Application.

ReadSDO method reports error -1950678941.

Enumerate Ethercat masters / Slaves reports error 1057 - nothing found.

See enclosed project including all my tests.

Thanks...

*** LV2018 ***
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,915 Views)

Hi...

I'm bumping this old thread. I am stuck at the same problem. I can programmatically find the EtherCAT master. I have autodetected the slaves in my project view (and deployed all).

But when I try to enumerate the slave device, I get nothing.

Did you solve this problem?

I'm using Beckhoff hardware (EK1100+EL1124+...)

-DB
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,202 Views)

Hello,

have you tried to follow steps described in KB 5MKIS07F and KB 4LLBJU5Z?

BR

Ondřej K.

CLA, CTA, CLED
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,190 Views)