cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cRIO 9066

Solved!
Go to solution

Hey everybody,

im new to the whole NI/Labview world. For a project i need to setup a new Labview script. For this i can use an NI cRIO 9066 with two NI9205 and one NI9264. They were used before in a different project.

I set them back to factory settings and installed the newest firmware and software. 

When opening NI MAX it shows me the 9066 but opening the subcategories of the cRIO it doesn't display the three modules. 

I've read that modules dont show in MAX but looking at the Youtube video of NI "Getting started with Compact Rio" they definetly do. 

FlyNI_0-1594195530335.png

NI MAX from the video 

IMG_2400.jpg

My NI MAX

Can anyone help me?

Sorry if the question is maybe dumb or anything, i'm just a complete beginner.

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,109 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author FlyNI

Hi Fly,

@FlyNI wrote:

When opening NI MAX it shows me the 9066 but opening the subcategories of the cRIO it doesn't display the three modules. 

I've read that modules dont show in MAX but looking at the Youtube video of NI "Getting started with Compact Rio" they definetly do.

In this video they used a different device (cRIO9045), which may behave different.

The cRIO906x will not show its modules in MAX.

You need to include/configure the modules in your LabVIEW project!

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,105 Views)

Hey Gerd,

thanks a lot for the quick answer. I just wanted to have everything set up like in the videos. But now i can start with the LabVIEW stuff.

Thanks again 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,099 Views)

Hi Fly,

I really recommend to take the tutorial on "cRIO / Realtime basics" to learn about features and pitfalls of using RT targets.

Right now even the self-paced online courses are avaliable for free…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,086 Views)