LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cRIO 9035 RT

Hello everyone, I'm running my RT project on cRIO 9035, my timed loop delay execution like two and half minutes after I click run. I couldn't figure out why. The second thing is that when the program running for 8 hours, the available physical memory drops to 10Mb, but it still running smoothly, I could not figure out where the memory leaks come from. I'll be very appreciated if anyone can give some suggestions. Thanks. Code attached.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,598 Views)

Hey,

You said that it takes a while before your timed loop executes. In regards to that, I would check the priority of your timed loop to ensure that if you want it to run first that it has a higher priority. 

https://knowledge.ni.com/KnowledgeArticleDetails?id=kA00Z000000P7q5SAC

Thanks,

-Brian J

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,557 Views)

is your consumer faster than your producer? did you set up a size for your queue?

CY (expired CLAD)
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,548 Views)

No size for the queue. timed loop.JPG

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,544 Views)

The timed loop starts to read these signals two and half minutes later when I click run. That's not my major concern. My major concern is the memory leak, my front panel has lots of graphs, array indicators, and bar graph. Initially, 240Mb available memory, it drops to 10 after like 8 hours, I cannot find the memory leak, or the display from front panel did take such memory. 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,540 Views)

put a get queue status and indicator to check if the consumer can dequeue fast enough. if the number is growing, your producer loop is faster than your consumer loop. And not setting a limit on your queue means it will keep on queuing new elements, eventually you will run out of resources.

CY (expired CLAD)
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,539 Views)